Thursday 8 March 2012

Post-Yoga Euphoria and a Moksha Milkshake

I just got home from a fabulous class at Moksha Yoga. The theme was centered around this very special day - International Women's Day! In the past, I rarely heard about this occasion in Canada, but my family in Eastern Europe always made a big deal about it. It's a much bigger event in other places in the world than it is here. Either way, I had a very special day indeed. The Husband bought me flowers, but more importantly, he was willing to go to a hot yoga class with me for the very first time. We had a "hot" date! <3

We were asked in the class to picture a strong woman in our lives and dedicate our practice to her. I pictured my mom, the strongest woman I know and the woman I love most.

She is also the person who introduced me first to food, then healthy food, and most recently, extremely healthy food. We often share recipes, ideas, and new health-related research we've read. We've been learning from each other over the past couple of years about how to enjoy a healthy lifestyle. We're also yoga buddies and she's my favourite student.

After our sweaty class today, I was craving something fruity and citrus-y. Ok, DURING the class, images of frozen strawberries being chopped up in my blender were floating through my mind. As soon as I got home, I combined the ingredients below and chugged down. It was perfectly refreshing - an amazing recovery drink with electrolytes, a bit a protein and delicious fruit. Enjoy!

Strawberry Banana Moksha Milkshake
Serves 2

* 2 cups of water (coconut or plain)
* 3 Tbsp of hemp seeds
* 1 small handful of frozen strawberries
* 1+1/2 bananas
* 1/2 squeezed lemon
* a few drops of vanilla extract   

Start by blending the hemp seeds with the water to make hemp milk. Then, add the rest of the ingredients, blend thoroughly and enjoy!!

There's no picture of this tonight because we drank it too darn fast. So good.

Happy Women's Day, ladies!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic and refreshing sounding shake!

    ReplyDelete